2 extensions to accommodate 2 new Science Labs, refurbishment of 2 additional Science Labs, Prep room, Food Technology room and associated rooms.
Architect: Cassidy & Ashton Architects, Preston
Duration of works: 16 weeks
"The Klick contracts team smoothly managed the logistics of completing a new build extension during term time, working during school hours with minimum disruption to the daily routine. They have always accommodated our requests and kept us informed."
Nicola Chester - School Manager, Christ The King Catholic Maths & Computing College, Preston
- Pre-installation survey
- All groundworks and construction of new build extensions
- Stripout of old rooms
- Remodelling of entrance to science block
- Channelling of floors to accept new services
- All plumbing and electrical work
- Design and construction of atrium
- Installation of new UPVC windows and doors
- Manufacture of furniture
- Tiling and decoration
- New flooring and ceilings
- Installation of fume cupboards
- New furniture installed
- Commissioning and certification of all works
The school needed to find space for 2 new science labs and a food technology room. One science lab was built into an external courtyard and an extension to the main building provided space for the other.
A new corridor was built providing a new entrance to the science block. Two smaller textile rooms were combined, removing an internal wall to make space for the food technology room.
An atrium roof was built to provide more natural light for the Food Technology room and services had to be redirected to provide gas and water.
The majority of the work was carried out during term time and the final handover was on time and within budget.